Reactions to the project

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2007 at 12:13 PM
Edited Nov 11, 2007 at 12:16 PM
Because the project is OpenSource, the intention is to give and receive comments and reactions from every interested contributor. Please feel free to comment, ask questions and of course: contribute!
Dec 8, 2007 at 3:24 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2007 at 5:50 AM
Hi Peter, after reading an article in Zeilen about your project I checked the site. I've downloaded the executable and 2 dll's and a test NMEA-input file. I can't assign the NMEA inputfile in the preferences screen (can't go any deeper than C:\BOOT) and I don't know how I can launch the meters. Can you give me any advise on these 2 issues? Thanks, Rob
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2007 at 10:07 PM
Hello Rob,
Thanks a lot for your reaction.

As a result of this, I was able to correct an error. I have replaced the file selection part with a general file selection dialog. It should work now as one would expect. You can navigate through your directory - or even harddisk - structure and select the test file as required. Immediately after you click on the menu-option "File" the two displays should start to react immediately. Depending on the size of your testfile, it will go quite fast. I'm working on a timer in order to slow down the handling of the test-sentences. I real life (I mean: on board), the messages won't come at this speed into the COM or USB port.

Your other problem is not replicable for me. I guess it should work when you put the 0.2 version of the application in the same directory as the two display DLL's. Please report back if that does not help you. We will be able to solve that problem!

If you would run into another error, please feel free to open an Issue in the Issue Tracker (next tab). That eases the maintenance job of the project.
Dec 12, 2007 at 10:50 AM
Hi Peter, just checked the 0.2 version on my PC. The file selection works OK now (by the way, it would be nice to see the selection you've made after closing the selection screen), so does the startup of the meter when launching the Management Console. After startup and pressing the file-menu the windmeter start showing (very rapidly) the wind-direction and in the end the quad display shows a different value for temp and depth. There's probably happening much more (looking at the NMEA-input file) but the meters can't seem to handle it. You're slowdown-timer might help here ;-) Thanks for the improvements!
Greetings, Rob

Dec 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Hi Peter,

On screen it looks great, however I am one of those ... who run Vista. I tried to run the application but it wouldn't. Trust it is incompatible with Vista?

Grtz, Henri

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Hello Henri,

To be honest: I have never tried it on Vista, but on XP only. Of course, in the OpenSource philosophy you are most welcome to rty and contribute. I will put it on my “to do” list for the upcoming weeks.

Hope to hear from you in the (near) future!

Regards,

Peter

Van: hvblerk [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: zaterdag 26 december 2009 23:44
Aan: pcklein@planet.nl
Onderwerp: Re: Reactions to the project [nmea:17683]

Hi Peter,

On screen it looks great, however I am one of those ... who run Vista. I tried to run the application but it wouldn't. Trust it is incompatible with Vista?

Grtz, Henri

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nmea@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nmea@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com